In Japan. There are many Scholarship for education. We would like to introduce JASSO Scholarship. A Scholarship that have a little different of compare with other . Because you can aquire after entered scholl in japan and support only pension for living in Japan.
What is a JASSO?
JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization) The organization found under Government. Working to promote international exchanges and understanding through its major programs such as scholarship loan programs, support programs for international students, and student support programs for student who have financial problem.
Scholarship Program of JASSO
(A) Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately-Financed International Students
The first program is about financial support for Privately Financed International Students. Support for educational level as list below.
- Graduate school student (Doctoral course, Master’s course)
- Research student (kenkyu-sei)
- Undergraduate student Junior college student College of technology student (3rd grade or upper)
- Specialized training college (post secondary course) student
- Preparatory Japanese language course by private university and junior college student
- Advanced course by university, junior college and college of technology
- student University preparatory course student
- Japanese language institution student
(B)Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-term Study in Japan).
The second, Scholarship of short term study in japan ( 8 – 12 month) only for student exchange program of your country school and japanese school.
(a) Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately-Financed International Students.
Support 48,000 yen per month / 30,000 yen per month for language school students.
period of receiving 6 – 12 months depend on school semester.
(b) Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-term Study in Japan)
Support 80,000 Yen/Month
period of receiving 6 – 12 months depend on exchange periods.
How to receive scholar
Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately-Financed International Students.
This Scholar, You can enroll in japan and reserve in your country. please see at below.
1. Apply in Japan
Applications for the Honors Scholarship will be accepted through schools . The applicants must apply to the school of ce according to their rule) to have them recommend to JASSO that they are quali ed to receive an Honors Scholarship . The applicants must contact the schools to con rm the application procedure.
2. Reservation Program
You can make reservation to this scholarship by achieve a good score in Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) and enroll newly as regular students.
In order to be able to claim their scholarships, candidates need to submit their Reservation Notice and the prescribed scholarship application to their host university/college, which will forward the documents to JASSO. The candidates must meet the requirements of (9)Disbursement Requirements.
What is EJU
The Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) is an examination used to evaluate whether international students who wish to study at the undergraduate level at universities or other such higher educational institutions in Japan possess the Japanese language skills and the basic academic abilities needed to study at those institutions.
Student who pass EJU examination and would like study in this level as belo.
- university undergraduate school
- junior college 3.college of techonology
- (3rd grade or upper)
- a special training college
If scored a good grade in EJU. Student con reserve this scholar and can receive when start study.
Written recommendation by attending school.
College student”visa status required. Students except Japanese government scholarship
students and foreign government sponsored students. Students can cooperate the survey of academic and carrier status after scholarship payment.
Students should meet the required grade point.
Monthly allowance from family should not exceed ¥90,000.
The annual income of a student’s supporter residing in Japan may not exceed ¥5,000,000.
3. Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-term Study in Japan)
Applications for the scholarship will be accepted through Japanese school. Direct applications from home higher educational institutions outside Japan or students will not be accepted.
Upon screening the application documents submitted by Japanese school, JASSO will decide the programs and the number of students and notice the results to Japanese school.
- Students accepted by Japanese school under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement with their home school.
- Students demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their home school.
- Students not having the financial means to study in Japan.
- Students, upon termination of the period of study in Japan, will complete their studies at their home school.
- Students eligible for ‘Student Visa’.（For study in Japan for 90 days or less, Japanese school will arrange the status of residence.）
- Students cannot receive any other scholarship from the Japanese government together with this scholarship.
What JASSO is suit for.
This scholarships is suitable for student who plan to study in japan with own financial, can’t get other scholarships. If student have a chance to get other scholarships, we recommend to choose other scholarships because of financial support and can’t receive other scholarship from the Japanese government together.