Prefectural Government Scholarship is the scholaship that provided by government sector of prefectures in Japan. Each scholarships have different term and condition. For example, condition of financial statement, place of birth or university.
Types of Prefectural Government Scholarship
Type of Prefectural Government Scholarships are up to policy of each prefecture. For international students, the scholarships have both FREE Scholarship and CONDITIONAL Scholarship. Most of scholarships are provided school expenses, travel expenses and living allowance.
How to Apply for Prefectural Government Scholarship
Because of each scholarship has different conditions and detail, student who willing to apply must follow the annoucement closely
How to considerate Prefectural Government Scholarship
●Field of study / University / Prefecture that applicant plan to study
Some scholarships have spefic field of study, university and prefecture in terms and conditions. Applicant should consider this part clearly before apply.
Each scholarship has different terms and conditions. Some provide full scholarship and some provide partial scholarship during school period. For example, institution fees, living allowance and travel expenses.
●Other Scholarship Conditions
the most important consideration when applying scholarship is scholarship condition. Some are FREE scholarship, but some are not. There are some conditions that applicant have to follow during or after scholarship period. For example, maintain a high GPA, paid back scholarship or work with organization who provide a scholarship.
●Period of Application
Not every scholarship has the same application opening and closing dates. Applicant who has intend scholarship should plan and prepare apply documents in advance.
Example of Prefectural Government Scholarship
●Aichi Scholarship Program
The Aichi Prefectural Government extends scholarships to graduate level students from Asian countries who are nominated by the universities in Aichi.
Number of Students : 10 students each year
Period of Scholarship : 6 months (as a research student) and 2 years (as a master’s course student)
- Travel Expenses to Japan
- Living Allowance(150,000 yen per month)
- School expenses (Entrance Examination Fees, Entrance Fees and Tuition for both Research and Graduate Study)
Terms & Conditions
- Applicants must hold citizenship of, and currently reside in, one of the following Asian countries:Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, The Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Applicants must be under 35 years old
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof.
- Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support Aichi’s manufacturing industry
- Applicants must have a fairly good command of the Japanese language to study and seek employment in Aichi, or have the prospect of obtaining sufficient language ability.
- Applicants must have the intention to seek employment at a company that has its headquarters or a branch office located within Aichi (whether or not work placement should fall in Japan).
- During their course of study, applicants must participate in an internship program offerd by companies introduced by the Aichi Prefecturl Government or another organization.
- Applicants must intend to study at a graduate school in Aichi.
- Applicants must have a letter of recommendation from their intended place of study.
The governor selects the scholarship recipients from among applicants recommended by the Aichi Scholarship Program Selection Committee.
Applicants must apply through graduate schools located in Aichi.
List of Prefectural Government Scholarship
- Aichi Scholarship Program
- Atsumi International Foundatio
- Aomori Prefecture Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Ishikawa Prefectural Scholarship for Privately Financed Foreign Students
- Ichihara International Scholarship Foundation
- Iwaki Scholarship Foundation
- Iwata City Academic Exchange Promotion Grants
- Iwate International Association Scholarship
- Oita Prefecture Foreign Student Scholarship
- Otawara city Foreign Student Scholarship
- The Scholarship for Privately Financed Foreign Students in Kagoshima
- Kato City Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Sekihara Dalian International Students’ Scholarship (Kitakyushu International Association)
- Kitami City Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Zhang Fen Jun Scholarship Fund (Kyoto City International Foundation)
- Foreign Student Scholarship (Gifu International Center)
- Kurashiki City Financial Aid for Privately Financed Students
- Rokko Scholarship Fund (Kobe Student Youth Center)
- Foreign Students Scholarship of Kobe (Kobe Sugawara Scholarship)
- Kobayashi International Scholarship Foundation Scholarship
- Satsumasendai City Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Biwa Lake Scholarship for Foreign Students (Shiga Intercultural Association for Globalization)
- Foreign Students Scholarship (Shimane International Center)
- Shinjuku-ku Foreign Student Scholarship
- Takayama Scholarship (Takayama International Education Foundation)
- Toyama International Exchange Scholarship (Toyama International Center Foundation)
- Scholarships for Private Students (Nagasaki International Association)
- The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program
- Nankoku City Scholarship
- Hachioji City Foreign Student Scholarship
- International Students Scholarship Program (Hamada International Association)
- Himeji City Foreign Student Scholarship
- Hyogo Scholarship for Privately Financed Students (Hyogo International Association)
- Hirosaki City Private Foreign Student Scholarship
- Scholarship Programs (Hiroshima International Center)
- Hiroshima Scholarship (Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation)
- Foreign Student Scholarship (Fukuoka International Exchange Foundation)
- Overseas Student Future Development Scholarship (Fukuoka International Association)
- Fukuroi Academic Exchange Fund (Education Board of Fukuroi City)
- Foreign Student Scholarship (Hokkaido International Exchange & Cooperation Center)
- Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Miura Educational Foundation
- Mie Prefectural Scholarship for Foreign Students
- Moriya Scholarship (Moriya Foundation)